Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

UEFA protests plans for private investors in the World Cup and announces boycott of FIFA tournaments

July 30, 2026

Lionel Scaloni pleads with Argentina fans after being blocked from meeting with dentist

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » BBC cancels popular program after presenter makes ‘very sad’ announcement | Soccer | Sports
Matches

BBC cancels popular program after presenter makes ‘very sad’ announcement | Soccer | Sports

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6July 23, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


BBC commentator Alistair Bruce Ball has revealed that the FPL pod, also known as Fantasy 606, has been taken off the air by the broadcaster. The presenter has made a “very sad” announcement following the launch of the Fantasy Premier League for the 2026/27 season.

Bruce Ball joins Chris Sutton and Statman Dave every game week to discuss all things FPL and has recorded 108 episodes, all of which are still available on BBC Sound. The news comes after it was revealed last month that the BBC would cut commissioning hours of programming by up to 150 hours by the end of the 2027/28 financial year.

It was also reported that chief content officer Kate Phillips told staff that between 350 and 400 hours of audio content would be cut.

In his tribute to Fantasy 606, Bruce Ball paid tribute to his colleagues and viewers, saying: “With the new season of #FPL just around the corner, I’m extremely disappointed to say that Fantasy 606, and more recently the FPL pod on BBC Sport, won’t be returning. @chris_sutton73 @StatmanDave and I absolutely love doing this show and it’s the contribution of our amazing listeners who really make it happen.”

“Thank you for listening, for emailing me, for sending me poems, for sending me songs, for managing my team of listeners. I’m going to miss you so much! Great producers, Kelly, Grace, Chris, Jamie, Joe, Harrison, Jack, Emily, Metin, Elliott, Michael. But my biggest thanks go to Clough, Taylor and Dave for making the last six years such a laugh.

“I’ll continue with the BBC Sports League and will post the code once it’s up and running. So in closing, good luck, Chris, and good luck Dave.”

Former Blackburn Rovers and Celtic striker Chris Sutton sent a similar message. He wrote, “Sad news regarding Fantasy 606.

“A big thank you to all the contestants, listeners, contributors and emails. Well done Bruce and Dave for your patience and excellence. Well done Clough and Taylor for finishing as winners. Good luck next season.”

Bruce Ball went on to express his gratitude for the response to the news. “I was really touched by all the reactions to today’s news about the FPL pod and the small role it plays in people’s lives,” he said.

“Thank you. I would have loved to continue, but I’m really disappointed. I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to participate in the #FPL fix next season.”

Many fans of the podcast expressed their disappointment. “It’s a shame, but I enjoy this nonsense every week,” one supporter said.

Another social media user commented: “This is such a shame! Great podcast. What a strange decision by whoever made it.”

Another fan said: “This is terrible news, this was a must listen podcast for me.”

“Yeah, I miss hearing FPL’s opinion,” said another. “It’s been a long journey and you all have done a great job.

“I was so disappointed when I read this!” exclaimed a fan. “I have had many health issues over the past 18 months and hearing your stories has really made me feel better.”



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Eddie Howe leaves Newcastle with immediate effect as negotiations over replacement are ‘ongoing’ | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

FIFA confirms World Cup sale plan, Gianni Infantino could earn millions | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Manchester United face transfer battle between Man City and Barcelona over £42m deal | Soccer | Sports

July 29, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Alexis Mac Allister and Lisandro Martinez fear for safety in England after Argentina’s World Cup win

July 29, 2026

“Arsenal to give up on Vinicius: “He intends to renew his contract””

July 29, 2026

Reveals dazzling offer for Vinicius Junior to accelerate Real Madrid

July 28, 2026

From Champions League winners to multi-million signings: 10 most valuable free agents on the market

July 27, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.