Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

UEFA protests plans for private investors in the World Cup and announces boycott of FIFA tournaments

July 30, 2026

Lionel Scaloni pleads with Argentina fans after being blocked from meeting with dentist

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » Manchester United forced to return millions of pounds after Mason Greenwood transfer | Soccer | Sports
Matches

Manchester United forced to return millions of pounds after Mason Greenwood transfer | Soccer | Sports

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6July 15, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Mason Greenwood officially joins Fenerbahce from Marseille

Mason Greenwood officially joins Fenerbahce from Marseille (Image: Getty)

Manchester United will be forced to part with some of their wealth after Mason Greenwood completed his permanent move from Marseille to Fenerbahce. The former Red Devils forward joined the Turkish team on a four-year deal, keeping him under contract until the summer of 2030.

The transfer fee involved is said to be in the region of £33m, meaning United will benefit financially from the move. That’s because Greenwood had a 40 per cent sell-on clause inserted into his contract when he joined Marseille in 2024. As a result, the Premier League giants will receive around £13m in his subsequent move to Turkey.

Those figures will be welcomed at Old Trafford, especially after United spent a total of £85m to sign Andrej Santos and Youri Tielemans from Chelsea and Aston Villa respectively.

However, according to The Athletic, a significant portion of that sum will immediately go to Getafe, who will receive 20% of Greenwood’s latest transfer fee.

The arrangement was established when Forward moved to Spain in 2022 after his arrest on charges of attempted rape, assault and controlling behavior.

The suit has since been dropped and Greenwood has denied all allegations.

He played brilliantly for both Getafe and Marseille. During his loan spell in Spain, he played 36 games, scoring 10 goals and providing 6 assists.

As a result, Marseille decided to transfer him the following summer. Over the past two seasons, Greenwood has appeared in a total of 81 games, finding the back of the net 48 times and dishing out 17 assists.

United would benefit financially from Greenwood's move to Türkiye

United would benefit financially from Greenwood’s move to Türkiye (Image: GETTY)

Given that Greenwood is an Old Trafford academy graduate, both the initial transfer fee United receives and the proceeds from the sell clause will be recorded as pure profit under Premier League financial rules.

The forward has previously received glowing praise from former Marseille and current Tottenham manager Roberto De Zerbi.

Back in December, he said: “I see him every day and he has great potential. There is no other player in Europe at the same level.”

“He has the potential to win the Ballon d’Or. It’s up to him to do everything he can to achieve that.”

“I think he deserves the Ballon d’Or on the level of qualities that nature and his parents have given him.

“We want him to be more consistent. We know he needs to press with more intensity and he needs to manage the ball better when the team is in a pinch. He needs to not lose the ball easily and keep the ball for the team to move up, because he has the ability to do that.”

Express sports on FB! Get all the best sports news and more on our Facebook page.

Join us on WhatsApp for the latest Man United news

Our community members may receive special offers, promotions, and advertising from us and our partners. You can check out at any time. Read our privacy policy



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Eddie Howe leaves Newcastle with immediate effect as negotiations over replacement are ‘ongoing’ | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

FIFA confirms World Cup sale plan, Gianni Infantino could earn millions | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Manchester United face transfer battle between Man City and Barcelona over £42m deal | Soccer | Sports

July 29, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Alexis Mac Allister and Lisandro Martinez fear for safety in England after Argentina’s World Cup win

July 29, 2026

“Arsenal to give up on Vinicius: “He intends to renew his contract””

July 29, 2026

Reveals dazzling offer for Vinicius Junior to accelerate Real Madrid

July 28, 2026

From Champions League winners to multi-million signings: 10 most valuable free agents on the market

July 27, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.