Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

UEFA protests plans for private investors in the World Cup and announces boycott of FIFA tournaments

July 30, 2026

Lionel Scaloni pleads with Argentina fans after being blocked from meeting with dentist

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » Micah Richards tells BBC he is resigning after pundits reveal details of plans | Soccer | Sports
Matches

Micah Richards tells BBC he is resigning after pundits reveal details of plans | Soccer | Sports

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6July 13, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Former Manchester City star Micah Richards says he will quit his job as a pundit by the time he turns 46. The 38-year-old has been a mainstay of Premier League and Champions League broadcasts for many years and is still only 38 years old.

Instead, Richards plans to have a bigger impact on the grassroots scene, hoping to provide opportunities to underserved areas. As the clock ticks down, World Cup experts remain unsure exactly where his new path will lead. After retiring in 2019, Richards quickly found success as a broadcaster. His infectious laugh made him stand out in the crowd and he quickly struck up an amusing relationship with Roy Keane on Sky Sports.

He is now a regular on programs on the BBC, Sky Sports and CBS, and has also appeared on the podcast ‘Rest is Football’ with Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer. However, despite the great success, the former defender does not intend to continue working in the same position for a long time.

“By the time I’m 46, I’ll be free of all this,” he told the Telegraph. “You won’t see me in the mainstream media after the 2034 World Cup.

“This will be the last time I appear on the BBC, Sky or CBS. I told them all this and they think I’m joking. I’m not joking.”

“I have dedicated much of my life to football since I left school at the age of 14, but when the time comes I want to make a difference in people’s lives at grassroots level, to help those who need it most, especially young people,” he said.

“I’m from Chapeltown, Leeds. There’s a lot of talent in the area but a lack of opportunity. I want to give something back and that’s my goal. I don’t know what form that will take yet. There’s plenty of time to figure it out.”

“I see a lot of ex-footballers putting their names on foundations, which is great, but I want to do more than just give money to charity or show up at an event once a year. “Hopefully I can keep doing what I do for the next seven years, but make sure it doesn’t get canceled before then!”

Richards has previously joked that his extensive punditry repertoire is due to important decisions he made during his football career. The City academy product decided to turn down an offer to stay at the Etihad in order to find more playing time at Aston Villa before his career was ravaged by injury.

“When I was 17 I was earning £5,000 a week. Manchester City offered me £100,000 a week for five years. I said no because I was second to[Pablo]Zabaleta,” he said.

“This is the worst decision I’ve ever made. Why do you think I work for every broadcaster? I went to Aston Villa, there was less money there.”



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Eddie Howe leaves Newcastle with immediate effect as negotiations over replacement are ‘ongoing’ | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

FIFA confirms World Cup sale plan, Gianni Infantino could earn millions | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Manchester United face transfer battle between Man City and Barcelona over £42m deal | Soccer | Sports

July 29, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Alexis Mac Allister and Lisandro Martinez fear for safety in England after Argentina’s World Cup win

July 29, 2026

“Arsenal to give up on Vinicius: “He intends to renew his contract””

July 29, 2026

Reveals dazzling offer for Vinicius Junior to accelerate Real Madrid

July 28, 2026

From Champions League winners to multi-million signings: 10 most valuable free agents on the market

July 27, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.