Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

UEFA protests plans for private investors in the World Cup and announces boycott of FIFA tournaments

July 30, 2026

Lionel Scaloni pleads with Argentina fans after being blocked from meeting with dentist

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » Quansah suspended for two games as FIFA backlash grows | Soccer | Sports
Matches

Quansah suspended for two games as FIFA backlash grows | Soccer | Sports

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6July 10, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Anger over FIFA’s handling of the Folarin Balogun scandal has reignited following FIFA’s decision to suspend England defender Jarrell Quansah for two matches, with fans on social media accusing the organization of inconsistently applying disciplinary rules under political influence.

Quansah was shown a red card in the 54th minute of England’s 3-2 win over Mexico in the Round of 16 after a VAR review determined he had a high attack on defender Jesus Gallardo.

FIFA announced on Thursday that the 23-year-old would miss two games, ruling him out of Saturday’s quarter-final match against Norway in Miami, but England could face further weather-related difficulties and could potentially reach the semi-finals if the team progresses.

The timing, announced just days after FIFA decided to overturn Balogun’s one-match red card suspension following a phone call between President Donald Trump and FIFA President Gianni Infantino, has prompted accusations from fans of double standards.

“Jarrell Quansah was suspended for two games after receiving a red card against Mexico, but President Trump called out Infantino and Balogun’s red card for a career-threatening tackle was overturned,” one supporter posted on social media.

“What happens if Messi gets a red card against Switzerland? Will Millais call Trump and Trump call Infantino?”

Another supporter commented: “Really confused.” “Jarrell Quansah was given a two-match suspension, but the suspension was revoked as the American player’s red card was rescinded. With Donald Trump’s intervention, the whole situation reeks of corruption.”

Another fan called the situation “pure corruption,” while another claimed FIFA was sanctioning Quansah following British media criticism of the Balogun verdict, while allowing “political and state interference to get America’s best player out of suspension.”

England manager Thomas Tuchel also expressed dissatisfaction with the discrepancy and questioned the standards set by FIFA in Balogun’s decision.

“Where does this begin and where does it end?” Tuchel said. “Can we turn it around or not turn it around? What’s going on? Where do we draw the line is the question for me. I don’t have an answer to that.”

Unlike Balogun’s case, where FIFA waived the automatic suspension under Article 27 of the Disciplinary Act, there is no clause in FIFA’s 2026 tournament regulations allowing teams to directly challenge a red card, but the FA is said to have considered its options following FIFA’s ruling against Balogun.

Earlier this week, the French Football Federation challenged FIFA’s decision to overturn the yellow card given to midfielder Michael Olisset, but the appeal was categorically rejected.

The Express has contacted FIFA for comment via email.

The Balogun controversy has continued to affect the tournament since FIFA’s initial decision. Belgian authorities say the ruling undermines the integrity of the competition, but Infantino insists FIFA’s disciplinary committee worked independently without any political interference.

The U.S. national team then lost 4-1 to Belgium, despite Balogun being recalled to the team, resulting in an early exit from the tournament in the round of 16.

With Quansah absent and Reece James still nursing a hamstring injury, England will be without two first-choice natural right-backs for Saturday’s quarter-final, leaving Tuchel with little choice but to rebuild his defense ahead of Erling Haaland’s match against Norway.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Eddie Howe leaves Newcastle with immediate effect as negotiations over replacement are ‘ongoing’ | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

FIFA confirms World Cup sale plan, Gianni Infantino could earn millions | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Manchester United face transfer battle between Man City and Barcelona over £42m deal | Soccer | Sports

July 29, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Alexis Mac Allister and Lisandro Martinez fear for safety in England after Argentina’s World Cup win

July 29, 2026

“Arsenal to give up on Vinicius: “He intends to renew his contract””

July 29, 2026

Reveals dazzling offer for Vinicius Junior to accelerate Real Madrid

July 28, 2026

From Champions League winners to multi-million signings: 10 most valuable free agents on the market

July 27, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.