Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

Andy Robertson’s brutal take on Liverpool’s defeat at Aston Villa shows his true character

May 18, 2026

Manchester United star agrees new contract despite not playing for three years | Soccer | Sports

May 18, 2026

Veteran defender Dani Carvajal to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » 23-year-old soccer player stabbed 7 times breaks silence over train attack | 2020 Soccer | Sports
Matches

23-year-old soccer player stabbed 7 times breaks silence over train attack | 2020 Soccer | Sports

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6May 18, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


A person sitting on a chair inside a stadium surrounded by rows of blue and red chairs. that person is wearing a jersey

Scunthorpe United defender Jonathan Joucher (Image: undefined)

A non-league footballer who was stabbed seven times in a frenzied attack on a train last year has spoken publicly for the first time about his horrific ordeal. Scunthorpe United defender Jonathan Joshet was among 11 people seriously injured when Anthony Williams stormed out on a train traveling through Cambridgeshire.

The November 1 incident made headlines around the world, and Williams was charged with 10 counts of attempted murder and was scheduled to stand trial later this year. Joshe had previously declined all interview requests. But six months after the shocking attack, he has opened up about the incident that left him fearing for his life.

“I got stabbed in the shoulder first,” the 23-year-old told BBC Sport. “I remember jumping over tables and jumping over chairs. I was running down the hallway telling people, ‘There’s a guy with a knife, run, he’s stabbed me, run, run, run.’ I was screaming. I think I was the first one to get stabbed. I felt the pain, but the adrenaline kicked in.”

Joshe, who was informed by medical staff that the knife had pierced his muscle, said some of his fellow passengers initially ignored his enthusiastic warnings as a prank, as it was the day after Halloween.

He suffered injuries to his biceps, shoulder and arm before the train made an emergency stop at Huntingdon. Joshe managed to disembark and was immediately taken to the hospital. “In that split second, jumping over the table saved me,” he added. “All I was thinking about was running for my life and getting off the train. I got into the first or second car and I set off the alarm and there was just blood all over me.

Express sports on FB! Get all the best sports news and more on our Facebook page

Jonathan Joshet speaks to BBC Sport

Jonathan Joshet spoke to BBC Sport for the first time since the horrific ordeal. (Image: BBC Sport)

“I thought if I died I’d never see my family again. That was my biggest worry. I usually drive home to London, but that was the first time I’d ever taken a train home. What are the chances of that happening? It’s crazy.”

The injury that Joshe sustained greatly damaged his career. He revealed that he initially feared that his life as a professional footballer would be over.

“I was so worried (that I was going to be asked to stop playing). All I could think was, ‘What damage did I do?'” I had no idea until I had the surgery. They said, “It’s not nerve-wracking.” you are very lucky. ”

After several months of rehabilitation, Joshe managed to return to training in March. He is now fully fit and is looking for a new club after being released by Scunthorpe earlier this month. Scunthorpe supporters have launched a GoFundMe campaign to support his recovery.

Joshe had earned his chance to shine at his former EFL club after being named Corinthians’ Young Player of the Year. Granted dual registration, he was loaned to Botsford Town to gain valuable experience and was representing the non-league side from the day he boarded the train back to London.

“Obviously, with what I’ve been through, I missed half the season… I didn’t get the opportunities I wanted,” said Joshe, who remains hopeful that other clubs will offer him the opportunity to prove himself now that he’s back to fitness.

Multiple people stabbed on train in Cambridgeshire

Jonathan Joshe was among those injured in the Huntingdon train stabbing. (Image: Getty)

“I was hoping they would give me another year to prove it. But unfortunately I didn’t get that. I’m very disappointed.” When asked how he stays positive after the ordeal, Joshe replied:

“(You) can’t look back on it, you just have to move forward. I was hoping to get back into football and get that chance, that was the only thing on my mind. You only live once.

“Anything can happen…so you have to make the most of it. And that’s what makes me push every day.”



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

Manchester United star agrees new contract despite not playing for three years | Soccer | Sports

May 18, 2026

Wayne Rooney bids farewell to Liverpool after sacking ‘selfish’ Mo Salah | Soccer | Sports

May 18, 2026

Spygate LIVE: Play-off final in jeopardy as Southampton decision looms | Soccer | Sports

May 18, 2026

Marcus Rashford, Manchester United star takes action, “terminating agreement with Barcelona” Soccer | Sports

May 18, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

“Enzo Fernandes? We’ll find out once the World Cup is over.”

May 16, 2026

Wrexham’s Hollywood finish postponed: Ryan Reynolds’ club miss out on Premier League promotion in heartbreaking play-offs

May 16, 2026

Pep Guardiola reflects on Jack Grealish’s future after his spell at Everton ends

May 16, 2026

Arne Slott has had enough of Mo Salah’s subliminal jabs as Liverpool continue to be distracted before the end of the season

May 16, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.