Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

UEFA protests plans for private investors in the World Cup and announces boycott of FIFA tournaments

July 30, 2026

Lionel Scaloni pleads with Argentina fans after being blocked from meeting with dentist

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » Donald Trump’s four-word response to being ridiculed for Belgium’s counterattack | Soccer | Sports
Matches

Donald Trump’s four-word response to being ridiculed for Belgium’s counterattack | Soccer | Sports

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6July 7, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Before the Round of 16 match, President Trump caused controversy by pressuring FIFA President Gianni Infantino to rescind the red card given to United States striker Folarin Balogun in the team’s win over Bosnia and Herzegovina. The world governing body quickly announced that it had lifted the automatic one-match suspension for Balogun’s sending off and allowed him to play in the match, sparking controversy. Belgium subsequently dismissed its appeal against this ruling. Still, Rudi Garcia’s side enjoyed a final in Seattle with goals from Charles de Quetelaere (two goals), Hans Vanaken and Romelu Lukaku, clinching a place in the quarter-finals against Spain.

Belgians, who felt they had been stricken by the Balogun scandal, pressed their case with a celebratory mood inspired by President Trump, which probably did not sit well with the US leader.

This is not the first time the president has been ridiculed by rivals in the sports world.

The footage quickly reached the president, who unexpectedly responded positively to the rant. Writing in Truth Social, he said, “Yes, I’m watching. Congratulations!”

Meanwhile, the controversy over President Trump’s involvement in the World Cup shows no signs of abating, and pressure is mounting on Infantino to resign.

FIFA maintains strict regulations regarding political interference in national federations, and just last month suspended the Nepal federation for interference by third parties.

Mr. Infantino released a statement Monday claiming the decision was made by an independent disciplinary committee, but only saying that Mr. Trump had personally lobbied Mr. Infantino.

“I saw the play. That (Balogun’s challenge) was not a foul, it was not a violation. It was an accidental collision between two men running at full speed,” the president said.

“You have these two great athletes in a tangle, and this referee, who is a bit questionable if you look at his past, made a call that no one could believe. He (Balogun) did nothing wrong, he’s our best player, or one of our best players, and he gave him a red card.”

“It’s very unfair. You can’t do that. So, yes, I asked FIFA to review it. I spoke to a very respected man (Infantino) and by the way, his level of respect has increased tenfold.”

Still, with FIFA’s Supreme Court under increased scrutiny, Infantino may regret that President Trump made public the details of their conversation.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Eddie Howe leaves Newcastle with immediate effect as negotiations over replacement are ‘ongoing’ | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

FIFA confirms World Cup sale plan, Gianni Infantino could earn millions | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

Manchester United face transfer battle between Man City and Barcelona over £42m deal | Soccer | Sports

July 29, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Alexis Mac Allister and Lisandro Martinez fear for safety in England after Argentina’s World Cup win

July 29, 2026

“Arsenal to give up on Vinicius: “He intends to renew his contract””

July 29, 2026

Reveals dazzling offer for Vinicius Junior to accelerate Real Madrid

July 28, 2026

From Champions League winners to multi-million signings: 10 most valuable free agents on the market

July 27, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.