Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

UEFA protests plans for private investors in the World Cup and announces boycott of FIFA tournaments

July 30, 2026

Lionel Scaloni pleads with Argentina fans after being blocked from meeting with dentist

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » Allegri starts a new chapter at Napoli but remains troubled by AC Milan’s finish
Soccer

Allegri starts a new chapter at Napoli but remains troubled by AC Milan’s finish

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6July 14, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Massimiliano Allegri Despite still reeling from the end of his second spell at AC Milan, he is not looking to redeem himself at Napoli.

Allegri was sacked by Milan in May after what the club’s owners deemed a “clear failure” of the season. The 58-year-old was hired by Napoli on a three-year contract at the beginning of July.

Allegri’s Milan spent most of last season in the top two and in contention for the Serie A title, but have dropped to fifth place in 2019 after winning just two of their last eight games. last day of the season And the Rossoneri missed out on a lucrative Champions League spot.

“It’s not a question of redemption. Sometimes a season ends in a certain way. I’m disappointed with the results of last season,” Allegri said on Tuesday in his first press conference as Napoli manager. “We (Milan) were in the top three from the second round to the 37th round, but we only lost in the first and last round, so the last game is important.”

“I’m disappointed because this is the first time I’ve finished outside of the top four in my time as manager at Juventus and Milan. I don’t deny that it weighs on me.”

Allegri will have to take tough steps to replace Antonio Conte at Napoli. Left Southern Club in May He was in charge for two years, during which time his team finished first and second in the Italian league.

Allegri previously succeeded Conte when he took over as Juventus manager in 2014 after leading the Bianconeri to three Serie A titles. Allegri won five straight games with Juventus, leading them to four Italian Cup titles and two Champions League final appearances.

“I definitely inherited a team that is used to hard work,” Allegri said of Napoli. “Conte has proven his worth throughout his career. Fortunately, this is actually the second time I’ve taken over Antonio’s team – and I hope that’s a good omen.”

“It will be important that we approach it with seriousness and professionalism and above all that we lay the foundations to get to March, when we are competing for all our goals: Serie A, the Champions League, the Italian Cup, even though we say the season will be decided in March.”

Milan replaced by Allegri with Ruben Amorim,and, Portuguese coach presentation Team owner Jerry Cardinal called him “a coach who doesn’t play to not lose, he plays to win.”

Coach Allegri said, “I will never comment on the owner’s words.” “I can only thank everyone who supported me throughout the season, and I am sorry that I unfortunately did not achieve my goal.

“But it’s another year and it’s great to experience. We have three competitions coming up and we start with great enthusiasm.”

___

AP Soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

UEFA protests plans for private investors in the World Cup and announces boycott of FIFA tournaments

July 30, 2026

Roberto Mancini returns to help Italy after missing three consecutive World Cups

July 30, 2026

FIFA plans $20 billion Kushner-backed operation to organize World Cup

July 30, 2026

U.S. goaltender Matt Freese says he’ll never get over World Cup loss to Belgium

July 29, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Alexis Mac Allister and Lisandro Martinez fear for safety in England after Argentina’s World Cup win

July 29, 2026

“Arsenal to give up on Vinicius: “He intends to renew his contract””

July 29, 2026

Reveals dazzling offer for Vinicius Junior to accelerate Real Madrid

July 28, 2026

From Champions League winners to multi-million signings: 10 most valuable free agents on the market

July 27, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.