Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

UEFA’s stance on the World Cup boycott; “emergency meeting” held today | Soccer | Sports

July 30, 2026

UEFA protests plans for private investors in the World Cup and announces boycott of FIFA tournaments

July 30, 2026

Lionel Scaloni pleads with Argentina fans after being blocked from meeting with dentist

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » Belgian federation objects to FIFA’s request for US forward Folarin Balogun to participate in the World Cup
Soccer

Belgian federation objects to FIFA’s request for US forward Folarin Balogun to participate in the World Cup

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6July 6, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Belgian Football Federation seeks clarification on decision from FIFA to move America forward Folarin Balogun is world cup Despite receiving a red card in the previous match.

Belgium will play the United States later Monday for a spot in the quarterfinals.

The Belgian federation (RBFA) said: “We have not yet received a decision or explanation from FIFA on this matter. In the circumstances, we have no choice but to contest the player’s eligibility for the next matches.”

He did not say where he intended to appeal FIFA’s decision.

US President Donald Trump Balogun, the star forward for the United States, stepped in for Balogun, but his red card suspension was lifted and he was allowed to play in the game against Belgium.

The Belgian federation said it learned of FIFA’s move through media reports and has written to the governing body requesting a copy of the decision and an explanation of the process.

“In its only response, FIFA wrote to the RBFA stating that it considered this action to be tantamount to an appeal, that a judge had been appointed and that the RBFA had only a few hours to complete the appeal,” it said. “FIFA did not provide any information.

RBFA argued that FIFA regulations state that a reasonable decision must first be communicated to the appellant.

“While the RBFA was only seeking a justifiable explanation, FIFA itself lodged an appeal and immediately ensured that this conduct was declared unacceptable,” the newspaper said. “All this happened while FIFA simultaneously refused to comply with RBFA’s legitimate requests.”

Balogun, the star forward for the U.S. national team, scored three goals in this tournament. received a red card He awkwardly stepped on the right ankle of Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Tarik Muharemovic during Wednesday’s 2-0 round of 32 win, earning him an automatic one-match suspension.

FIFA announced on Sunday that it had lifted the suspension for the Round of 16 matches. abnormal movement This drew praise from President Trump and anger from the Belgian team. This appears to be the first time since 1962 that a red card during a World Cup did not result in suspension.

“Regardless of the sporting outcome of this match, the RBFA is deeply concerned about the developments and will continue to fight in the coming hours, days and months to uphold the fundamental principles of ethics, fair competition and the interests of football as a whole,” the Belgian federation added.

FIFA’s decision drew criticism from the European Commission, the European Union’s powerful executive body based in Brussels.

Glenn Micallef, the European Union’s sports commissioner, said: “Decisions about sports rules and sports issues belong to sports organizations, not politicians.”

“Influencing sports decisions undermines sports autonomy,” he wrote in a message to X. “We should instead focus on the real governance challenges facing sport, such as the weaponization of sport for political purposes.”

___

See more of AP’s World Cup coverage here



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

UEFA protests plans for private investors in the World Cup and announces boycott of FIFA tournaments

July 30, 2026

Roberto Mancini returns to help Italy after missing three consecutive World Cups

July 30, 2026

FIFA plans $20 billion Kushner-backed operation to organize World Cup

July 30, 2026

U.S. goaltender Matt Freese says he’ll never get over World Cup loss to Belgium

July 29, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Alexis Mac Allister and Lisandro Martinez fear for safety in England after Argentina’s World Cup win

July 29, 2026

“Arsenal to give up on Vinicius: “He intends to renew his contract””

July 29, 2026

Reveals dazzling offer for Vinicius Junior to accelerate Real Madrid

July 28, 2026

From Champions League winners to multi-million signings: 10 most valuable free agents on the market

July 27, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.