Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

Xabi Alonso’s appointment proves Chelsea’s meanness once again as the club hits the reset button

May 17, 2026

Celtic send message to Hearts as police launch investigation into Parkhead disturbance | Soccer | Sports

May 17, 2026

Neymar accidentally substituted in last match before Brazil World Cup squad announcement

May 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » Neymar accidentally substituted in last match before Brazil World Cup squad announcement
Soccer

Neymar accidentally substituted in last match before Brazil World Cup squad announcement

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6May 17, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


SAO PAULO (AP) – Neymar was sent off the field after an apparent error by the fourth official during Santos’ 3-0 home loss to Coritiba in the Brazilian league on Sunday, giving the star striker one last chance to make a positive impression before playing against Brazil. world cup Teams will be announced.

Neymar, 34, has struggled to stay fit since tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in October 2023, and has been trying to prove himself to Brazil manager Carlo Ancelotti for more than a year. He deserves to be on the team.

The incident occurred in the 65th minute. By then Coritiba were already leading 3-0 and Neymar, who has improved in recent weeks, was having a quiet game against relegation-threatened Santos.

Neymar was sprayed by doctors on his right calf on the field, but was ordered by the referee to return to the sideline to continue treatment.

Within seconds, the fourth official raised the substitution committee, indicating that number 10 Neymar was leaving. Robinho Jr.immediately took to the pitch.

“I knew Robinho was coming in, but I didn’t even see him,” Neymar said. “I didn’t know I was being substituted and I didn’t look at the board. It was a very serious mistake by the officials and the person who wrote the numbers on the board.”

Santos Coach Kuka and Neymar himself informed fourth and referee Paulo Cesar Zanovelli that a mistake had been made by defender Gonzalo Escobar, who was to be substituted and wears number 31.

Zanovelli gave Neymar a yellow card for refusing to be substituted. The striker then picked up an official substitution request sheet and showed it to a broadcaster at Sao Paulo’s Neo Quimica Arena, but it had Escobar’s number written on it instead of his own.

Santos coach Cuca said at a press conference, “It’s true that (the fourth referee) made a mistake, but that wasn’t the reason for the loss. It’s unfair to blame him for this.”

The Brazilian Football Federation, which organizes the country’s league, has not yet officially commented on the incident.

Manager Ancelotti will announce his Brazil squad on Monday in Rio de Janeiro.

Brazilian media reported. Neymar’s chance The proportion of players in the 26-man quota has increased in recent years as Ancelotti is preferred by other players he is certain to bring to the World Cup.

___

AP Soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

Sevilla avoid relegation despite losing 1-0 to Real Madrid in the Spanish league

May 17, 2026

Aaronson, Richards injured in Premier League, World Cup concerns for USA

May 17, 2026

Small town club Elversberg wins promotion to Bundesliga for the first time

May 17, 2026

Manchester United beat Forest, Fernandes equals assist record, sparks another VAR controversy

May 17, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

“Enzo Fernandes? We’ll find out once the World Cup is over.”

May 16, 2026

Wrexham’s Hollywood finish postponed: Ryan Reynolds’ club miss out on Premier League promotion in heartbreaking play-offs

May 16, 2026

Pep Guardiola reflects on Jack Grealish’s future after his spell at Everton ends

May 16, 2026

Arne Slott has had enough of Mo Salah’s subliminal jabs as Liverpool continue to be distracted before the end of the season

May 16, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.