Close Menu
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
What's Hot

Visiting Boston for the World Cup? Try a lobster roll and these historic sites

May 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola, Gary Neville stunned by Man City leak, ‘very disappointed’

May 20, 2026

Declan Rice and Bukayo Saka arrive at Emirates at 5am for Arsenal party | Soccer | Sports

May 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
  • Home
  • English premier league
  • Football
  • Latest
  • Matches
  • News
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Videos
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Home » EFL releases major statement on Spygate as plans for Southampton appeal announced | Soccer | Sports
Matches

EFL releases major statement on Spygate as plans for Southampton appeal announced | Soccer | Sports

admin_ok9yktt6By admin_ok9yktt6May 20, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Southampton have appealed and a new independent panel is considering the sanction, with a decision expected on Wednesday. There is still a chance that Southampton will return for Saturday’s final, and the EFL has confirmed that if they do, the kick-off time will be changed.

Announcing an update on social media, the EFL said: “Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship play-off final between Hull City and Middlesbrough will kick off at 15:30. As a result of the ongoing appeal process, if the final is contested between Hull City and Southampton, the kick-off time for this match will remain at 16:30.”

This poses a logistical nightmare not only for fans, particularly Hull, but also for Middlesbrough and Southampton, who have limited time to formalize their travel plans. There had previously been suggestions that the final could be rescheduled depending on how long the appeal process took, but that now appears to be out of the question.

Southampton were kicked out of the play-off final and ordered to start next season with a four-point deficit if they remained in the Championship. However, with Saints owner Dragan Solak reportedly furious with manager Tonda Eckert, there could be more repercussions down the road.

According to talkSPORT, Solak could pull the trigger on Eckert and his backroom staff, while the FA could also investigate the German manager. The FA will decide what role Eckert, who is said to have been unaware that spying on opponents is not allowed in English football, played in the saga and whether he could face a long-term ban.

Southampton players are also believed to be furious with the coaching staff who denied them the chance to play in the Premier League and the financial rewards that come with it. There have been suggestions that they could even sue the club for loss of income as a result.

Southampton have yet to issue a statement following their play-off final defeat, but Middlesbrough told X: “Statement from MFC: Middlesbrough Football Club welcomes the outcome of today’s Disciplinary Committee hearing, which concerns sporting integrity and conduct. We believe it sends a clear message for the future of our game. As a club, we are currently focused on Saturday’s match against Hull City at Wembley. Ticket information for supporters will be published shortly.”



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin_ok9yktt6
  • Website

Related Posts

Declan Rice and Bukayo Saka arrive at Emirates at 5am for Arsenal party | Soccer | Sports

May 20, 2026

Arsenal face multi-million dollar bill for winning Premier League | Soccer | Sports

May 20, 2026

24 Arsenal players to win Premier League winners’ medals | Soccer | Sports

May 20, 2026

Southampton manager: “I didn’t know Spygate was breaking the rules” Soccer | Sports

May 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

“Enzo Fernandes? We’ll find out once the World Cup is over.”

May 16, 2026

Wrexham’s Hollywood finish postponed: Ryan Reynolds’ club miss out on Premier League promotion in heartbreaking play-offs

May 16, 2026

Pep Guardiola reflects on Jack Grealish’s future after his spell at Everton ends

May 16, 2026

Arne Slott has had enough of Mo Salah’s subliminal jabs as Liverpool continue to be distracted before the end of the season

May 16, 2026
Latest Posts

Paris Saint-Germain hold talks with Gabriel Martinelli, Serie A defender ignores Liverpool’s interest – Euro Transfer News

April 20, 2026

Bournemouth appoint former Borussia Dortmund manager Marco Rose as new manager to replace Andoni Iraola

April 20, 2026

Josep Guardiola nearly tears up as he pays tribute to Manchester City star after Premier League win over Arsenal – ‘It makes me cry’

April 19, 2026
EPL VIP – Latest English Premier League News & Updates
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With US
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 eplvip. Designed by eplvip.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.