LONDON (AP) – Jude Bellingham was removed from the England squad for upcoming matches against Wales and Latvia on Friday, two days after being selected as the National Team Player of the Year.
Real Madrid midfielders have it I’ve recently returned Approximately two months after shoulder surgery, he appeared in all competitions in the final four games of the Spanish champion.
But Bellingham was not included in the 24-man squad chosen by coach Thomas Touchel, who also rediscovered his form in Manchester City.
But Bellingham, one of the most famous players in world football, is a big omission. On Wednesday, he was named England Player of the Year in the 2024-25 campaign after coming up with some big moments during his run at last year’s European Championship Finals. Overhead kick Against Slovakia, who was 16 years old.
In August, he said I apologized to Bellingham He said the midfielder’s actions could “resist a bit.”
Tuchel said there was “no message or hidden agenda” behind his comments.
England will play Wales in Friendly on Thursday and will be qualifying in Latvia five days later.
___
AP Soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer
