Konate a “doubt” for Newcastle
There were positive and negatives for Klopp to report in his press conference.
The good news is that Trent Alexander-Arnold is fit following the knock he picked up last weekend.
What all this means for the Newcastle game is that we may see Liverpool play more conservatively than in the first two fixtures.
Liverpool FC News
- Liverpool have apologised to a young player after ‘inadequate’ failings in the academy’s support system – if you have a few minutes, the full report is well worth a read, here
- This Is Anfield understands Bayer Leverkusen defender Piero Hincapie would jump at the chance to join Liverpool – he could cost up to £60 million
- Crystal Palace are demanding £70 million for reported Liverpool target Cheick Doucoure, according to the Evening Standard – a bit steep for someone with one year of Premier League experience, but that seems to be the case for every target these days
- Andre, who has been subject to a reported bid from Liverpool, scored in Fluminense’s Copa Libertadores quarter-final last night – a move this window is now very unlikely with the club wanting win the competition
3 things from the press conference:
- Klopp reassured fans that Salah is “100 percent” focussed on Liverpool admid interest from Al-Ittihad – can’t see him going anywhere this summer
- The boss said ideally he’d had more centre-backs and we “need to be lucky with injuries” – a slightly worrying thing to hear two games into the season
- Wataru Endo came in for praise, with the boss saying he “looks a really good player” and that he’s set a “marker” with his performance vs. Bournemouth
Latest chat from elsewhere
- The Spanish FA President, Luis Rubiales, held an astonishing press conference in which he refused to step down after the controversy surrounding his conduct Spain’s Women’s World Cup winners
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun is set for a £35 million move to Monaco – this is despite interest from Chelsea and Internazionale
- Ex-official Mike Dean admitted to not making a huge VAR call because the referee was “a mate” – saying what we all suspected really
Video of the day and match of the night
Here is Klopp reaffirming that Salah isn’t going anywhere.
The game kicks off at 8pm (BST) and is live on Sky Sports Premier League.