Most of Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal squad returned to training this week, with some arriving on Monday whilst the internationals came back on Saturday.
But other internationals like Bukayo Saka, Aaron Ramsdale, Folarin Balogun, Kai Havertz, Martin Odegaard, Jakub Kiwior, and others were at London Colney again this weekend.
That’s because the squad are due to head out to Germany for their pre-season training camp on Sunday.
Per the Evening Standard and Arsenal Fixture News, Arsenal will head to the Adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach, Germany on Sunday, remaining in the country until the friendly against FC Nurnberg on Thursday.
After that, the squad will briefly return to the UK before heading out to the U.S. for the rest of the summer tour.
As for the younger age groups, they’re set for a trip abroad as well.
Jeorge Bird reports that the Arsenal u21s will be in Spain between July 17th and July 22nd, playing against Villarreal C on the 21st.
Then the u18s will also be in Spain from July 24th to July 30th, facing Real Murcia and Villarreal.
Since the u21 camp doesn’t take place until after the first-team trip to Germany, it’s likely that a number of the u21s will be involved on the German tour as well.
The players who returned to training on Saturday will need time to get up to speed, so there should be some room for minutes for the u21s against Nurnberg – as there was in the behind-closed-doors friendly against Watford this weekend.
Arsenal’s Pre-Season Fixtures and Results
- Saturday, July 8th – Arsenal 1-1 Watford (Behind closed doors)
- Thursday, July 13th, 18:00 – FC Nurnberg vs Arsenal
- Thursday, July 20th, 01:30 – MLS All-Stars vs Arsenal
- Saturday, July 22nd, 22:00 – Arsenal vs Manchester United
- Wednesday, July 26th, 03:30 – Arsenal vs Barcelona
- Wednesday, August 2nd, 18:00 – Arsenal vs Monaco
- Sunday, August 6th, 16:00 – Arsenal vs Manchester City
Times in BST